Library Closed: Thursday, November 26 & Saturday, November 28 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
Phase Three "Open Inside"
Monday & Wednesday 10am-1pm and 3-7pm
Tuesday & Thursday 3-6pm
Please continue to follow our reopening policy to maintain a safe environment for patrons and staff.
- Please don't come into the library if you are sick
- Face coverings are required and maintain 6 ft. physical distance
- Curbside pick-up available if you prefer and/or unable to wear a mask
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering the library
- Library capacity limit of 5 patrons at one time. Time limit 30 minutes
- Public computers available by appointment only 2 people at a time – time limit 30 minutes
- Children's room available 1 family at a time - children must be supervised at all times
- Follow signage & instructions in the library to access materials
- Books pulled while browsing but not taken must be placed on a specially marked quarantine table
- All returns must go in the book drop. Returned materials are quarantined for at least 96 hours before being available again
- The community room remains closed and no public programs offered at this time.
We encourage you to reserve materials ahead of your visit via our online catalog or by calling so they can be ready when you arrive. Follow how to request items explained on our website under Phase One curbside pick-up.
We understand these changes are difficult but with your cooperation, we can maintain a safe environment for our patrons and staff. Thank you for your cooperation!
How to Reserve Books: Library patrons can reserve books, DVD's & CD's through the following methods:
- Library Online Catalog - has a request hold option (Library cardholders only)
- Call 207-625-8083 and leave a message
Returns: All Returned Books, DVDs & Audio CD’s must be placed in Book Drop. For special items (ex. musical instruments) arrangements must be made with the librarian.
Welcome to the Bonney Memorial Library located in historical Cornish Village across from the Inn of Cornish. We provide quality collections, resources, and services for all members of the community and visitors. Our doors are open to all who enjoy to read and learn. Visit us!
Cornish, Maine 04020
On a June night in 1928 at the Pike Memorial Hall, Dr. Sherman Bonney presented the keys of the Bonney Memorial Library to the Cornish Library Association. It was the occasion of the dedication exercises of the library, which Dr. Bonney built in tribute to his parents, Dr. Calvin Fairbanks Bonney and Mrs. Harriet Cheney Bonney. He closed his remarks with these words, “The donor has been permitted to honor the memory of his parents and at the same time make a slight contribution to the people of Cornish.”